Thread: jewell trigger for a 10/22

Default jewell trigger for a 10/22

I am looking to buy a Jewwll trigger for a 10/22 if anyone has one that they would like to sale Please send me a PM Thanks

Joe

Default I don't think Jewell makes a trigger for a 10/22!

I think all the triggers they make are for bolt action rifles only. The only ones that make triggers for 10/22's are Timney, Jard, Volquartsen and Kidd? If I was to get one it would be the Kidd 2 stage trigger system. You can get it with a real light pull, down in the ounces!!
    YBRF!! Rambo
    (Douglas)
    Last edited by Rambo; 09-11-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Yes they did I am looking for one ,mite be a little before your time Joe
    Last edited by joechacon; 09-12-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Default It must have been a long time ago!

Joe,
    I remember reading something a long time ago about Jewell making them but there is nothing showing on the net about them! Good luck finding one!!
    Rambo
    (Douglas)

5. Default

Jewel did make them at one time. I had one. It was a very good trigger, but they were discontinued. I sold mine when Jewel announced they would not repair them once the warranty expired.

Default Buyer

Who did you sell it to?

Would be nice if they started making them again. If they realized how the market is nowdays, maybe they would. Anyone know them well enough to call them and suggest it? Regards Ernie

I found some stuff about them. Several folks said they would break and replacement parts was hard to get! I remember seeing something about them some years back when Jewell made them! I think the Kidd 2 stage trigger system is the best of any out there. These later model Jard trigger is junk now because of the design change they made to them!! There is nothing much on the net about a Jewell 10/22!
    YBRF! Rambo

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Who did you sell it to?
    Fred, I sold it to Jim Williams down in GA

What pull weight are you looking for?

11. Default 10/22 Jewell trigger pull weight

Quote Originally Posted by obx22 View Post
    What pull weight are you looking for?
    When I went below a 6 oz setting I got double taps. Put it back to 6 oz. I have two plus another in an AMT Challenger Match.

Chuck

12. Default Hornet triggers

Rambo,
    Hornet triggers makes some rebuilt triggers on the original Ruger trigger group You might take a look. I have 3 of them.

hornetproducts.com

http://5003.webpossystem.com/bin/cat...sp?category=10

13. Default

I gave my 10-22 to Nez Rongero in Austin, Texas. He is doing the AR service rifle uppers for the Texas State Shooters. They were very successful at Camp Perry this year. My 10-22 has a Jewell trigger and the barrel is a Shilen test barrel. We used to test barrels in the shop on Saturdays. This particular barrel was the best of the lot.
    Send me an email and I will forward it to Nez. I have no idea what his plans are for it. It was a Tincan shooter and has a Zeiss scope on it.

papawppc@gmail.com