+ Reply to Thread

Default JJ Pappas Noodle

Hya Guys,
    I have a JJ Pappas Noodle and also a Harrel Tuner.
    Can anyone explain to me the best way to set this up, do I firstly tune in the tuner and then add the noodle and tune that it or is there a totally different way of doing it.
    PS I have the short version
    AndyD

Default Andy

It is probably easier to tune with the tuner first. Then put both washers on the base of the slider and put it on the tuner. I would move the weight on the slider forward to where it is covering 1/2 of the back row of holes and turn it until the holes in the slider are not allowing any air to escape.

Default RE JJ Pappas

Hya J,

Nice to here from the man himself, I got on with it fine with my old rifle but the new one is very different and still running it in.

Many thanks

AndyD

Quote Originally Posted by J. Pappas View Post
    I would move the weight on the slider forward to where it is covering 1/2 of the back row of holes and turn it until the holes in the slider are not allowing any air to escape.
    I first saw this setup on Fred Leeds gun when he won the ARA indoor nationals this past winter.
    I believe he had is tuner set somewhere in the low teens on a Shilen .900 ratchet.

I also found when I played around with it, I had to take the ring off and reverse it to completely cover the small and medium holes in the tube.

I'm currently shooting with mine in the "original" configuration with the two rows of larger holes covered and about a 1/4 - 1/3 of the holes in the ring open. I'm also using 2 washers.

On a Shilen .900 ratchet, I have the tuner set at 53.
    On a Lilja .850 it's set at 35.

It seems to work real good on both guns.

Default Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYD View Post
    Hya Guys,
    I have a JJ Pappas Noodle and also a Harrel Tuner.
    Can anyone explain to me the best way to set this up, do I firstly tune in the tuner and then add the noodle and tune that it or is there a totally different way of doing it.
    PS I have the short version
    AndyD
    Hi Andy.
    You mentioned my mid barrel tuner on another site,I'm afraid it is nothing fancy,just an old Anschutz
    barrel weight,weighs in at about 7oz's.
    It seem's to do the same Job as the Cigonani tuner,and it seem's to work on this Lilja barrel at the point I have it fitted. It is about as far as I want to go with add on's,it all get's to this auld fella,and I do like to shoot pretty basic rifles
    Regards John F.