+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eley Ammo

Default Eley Ammo

Got the e-mail yesterday afternoon from Dan that the new shipment of ammo was in and seems in years past for the first couple of days you'd see small amounts going out for testing. Within just hours most of the machine 6 is sold out, lots of folks favor that machine, but to my point I guess folks aren't even bothering with testing just buying and hoping it's good. Then again maybe some of the buyers aren't looking for what shoots best in their guns. Luckily there's lots of other machine lots for those who are testing and as most know it's not just machine 6 that produces good lots. Just an observation.
    Les Williams

Got a note from Dan about the time you posted above. Dan said the Eley Match that came in yesterday is now all sold out. Hoarders! bob

Thumbs down Zanders sold it all!

If you didn`t get any yesterday,you more than likely ain`t gonna get any! Some guy in Florida Bought it all overnite,being a Zanders dealer he had access to order nonspecific lots of anything by email ,and did take it all. Dan has some coming to his place,but there is none @Zanders! Smells like Sheet don`t it! Any way hope you getcha sum! What a deal. Zanders is the culprit on this one,the guy in Fla was hunting 22ammo and don`t care what lot # was what,thats a shame!
    Last edited by SLICK WILLY; 03-19-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Guess we Boycott all Florida Ammo Resellers..... Glad I got my needs filled for two or more years.

Yep I posted then took my car over to the shop and came home and saw Dan's e-mail.
    Maybe I'm missing something here but if this is the same person who bought all of the last stuff what in the hell are they going to do with it all if Eley just keeps shipping more??????
    Luckily I'm flush with ammo at least for this year unless I go crazy hitting a lot of matches but I don't see that happening. If anything my enthusiasm is starting to wane with this show. Chasing good ammo is becoming more like a job than having enjoyment. Oh well what can one do but go with the flow.
    Les Williams

As Dandy Don Merideth use to say years ago on Monday Night Football, "Turn out the lights, the party's over"...
    "Tomorrow is promised to no one"
    NRA Benefactor Member

Default When the Team left?

I once Thought Zanders was stuck with all that 2011 Team ,and this guy came along and got it, about two months ago close to 200 cases of not so good ammo, now this guy is just buying it cause nothing else is availible and he`s raiding Eley cause he can! Zanders only cares about sales, Eley probably don`t like what happened any more than we do, 99% of the time the price of the Eley would keep such of this from happening! How do you keep it from happening again ? $$$$ Talks!

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    I once Thought Zanders was stuck with all that 2011 Team ,and this guy came along and got it, about two months ago close to 200 cases of not so good ammo, now this guy is just buying it cause nothing else is availible and he`s raiding Eley cause he can! Zanders only cares about sales, Eley probably don`t like what happened any more than we do, 99% of the time the price of the Eley would keep such of this from happening! How do you keep it from happening again ? $$$$ Talks!
    I'm not aware of anyone in Florida who caters to our crowd, and yes I know we're not the only game in town, but wonder what their intentions are. Of course I'm sure that it's to make money, but is there going to be a market there for all that ammo or are they going to be sitting on a bunch of eley getting older by the day. Maybe it doesn't matter. As I said above Eley's probably happier than the person buying it all, for they can just turn up production and keep shipping more to us it appears. If my memory serves me correct it wasn't that long ago it was coming in about 2 loads a year, now it's one every couple of months at this rate. I've got a feeling it won't happen again for the other dealers I'm sure will be quick to get them inventory.
    Last edited by hi2utoo; 03-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Les Williams

Default Supply of plinking ammo!

Lot of $ in Florida, I personally think because there is no supply of any 22 ammo they are forced to buy anything even if it is 3 times the cost of their regular ammo they`ve been using, when they get the stuff they have been using ,say SK, Wolf ,CCI they will probably leave the Eley on the shelve.Old Farts down the Gold Coast really don`t care as long as it goes BANG!

Unhappy To All Rimfire Shooters

I can not find sanscioned eley dealer in Flordia, We need a name and address, IRS needs to look at this guy, only a drug dealer or terriorst could use this much ammo. Dan is going to have to use his connection to find out who this person is and let us know so we can boycot him. Look at what it is going to do to small dealers fo match ammo and firearms sells who cater to rimfire sporting events. At least We need to be sure he pays taxes and his shipping is legal.

Default I'm not the guy! LOL

I did place an order yesterday at 5:20ish PM for a case and a half of 6 machine. I guess I'll find out if it went through. Damn shame if my order doesn't. Bad thing is, I'm sure Dan took plenty of orders yesterday and now Zander's may not be able to supply him. I'm sure the same thing goes for Bert's. Both Dan and Bert's have their hands tied and plenty of effort to boot with nothing to show for it. They are out more than all of us.

John M. Carper

Default Tom Waitin"

We all know, in the back of our minds, that the wheel keeps going around...just can't resist the urge to follow the pack.. A year from now there will be a glut of ammo. Most of y'all have enough to last several years...and it ain't bad stuff.

Emotion drives ammunition sales a lot like the stock market. Sit on what you got. Wait till the guys that loaded up panic, and start giving it away.

There ain't no way this administration or the next is going to restrict the sale of rimfire ammunition any further than it is already restricted

People are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for cheap bulk packs of ammo. Just check out Gun Broker. I felt it was only a matter of time before someone saw a buck making opportunity and bought up all of the target ammo. We may have a tough time getting our hands on any good ammo until we see ammo sitting on the shelves at Wal-Mart again!

Default Zanders

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I can not find sanscioned eley dealer in Flordia, We need a name and address, IRS needs to look at this guy, only a drug dealer or terriorst could use this much ammo. Dan is going to have to use his connection to find out who this person is and let us know so we can boycot him. Look at what it is going to do to small dealers fo match ammo and firearms sells who cater to rimfire sporting events. At least We need to be sure he pays taxes and his shipping is legal.
    Zanders sells Eley to any and all Zanders dealers who are Zanders Qualified FFL Dealers. Now Dan ,(KSS) is a Eley distributor,as is Berts, as is Champion Shooters,as is Brunos etc, they have better pricing and have a Eley relationship and perks! Zanders has hundreds of FFL dealers they sell to,not just distributors,but most of the time 90% of them rarely bothers with Eley cause their customer base don`t want it at any price over $5/box. The feeding frenzy for all 22RF ammo has been going on since Obama got his 2nd chance to really screw us! Zanders sells to Cabellas,Academy Sports,Bass Pro and many big box chains, they are no small fish in their pond ,and 99.9% of their customers deal with the ATF ,so the IRS don`t scare them like they have me ! The IRS is minority run and explodes that vision the moment they answer the phone, you would get better results calling 911!
    Last edited by SLICK WILLY; 03-19-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Hopefully this guy had a "oh $h!t" moment when he found out that there will be no federal assault weapons ban. Slick, if I heard right this morning some of that 6514 got tested already. Did you hear anything about that? My little bird said it produced 2 2500 indoor targets. Says it was tested in Oklahoma. Does that story hold water?

Carp

Default Don`t have a Clue!

Quote Originally Posted by John M. Carper View Post
    Hopefully this guy had a "oh $h!t" moment when he found out that there will be no federal assault weapons ban. Slick, if I heard right this morning some of that 6514 got tested already. Did you hear anything about that? My little bird said it produced 2 2500 indoor targets. Says it was tested in Oklahoma. Does that story hold water?

Carp
    I have not heard that! We did have six 2500 targets shot at the barn,none was shooting any thing with a 65_ _ # ;does little bird live in Indiana or Missouri ?

Slick,
    Little bird called from the Lone Star State. I'd be shocked if anyone could have gotten that ammo and tested it yesterday. It was in that shipment.

Carp

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    Zanders sells Eley to any and all Zanders dealers who are Zanders Qualified FFL Dealers. Now Dan ,(KSS) is a Eley distributor,as is Berts, as is Champion Shooters,as is Brunos etc, they have better pricing and have a Eley relationship and perks! Zanders has hundreds of FFL dealers they sell to,not just distributors,but most of the time 90% of them rarely bothers with Eley cause their customer base don`t want it at any price over $5/box. The feeding frenzy for all 22RF ammo has been going on since Obama got his 2nd chance to really screw us! Zanders sells to Cabellas,Academy Sports,Bass Pro and many big box chains, they are no small fish in their pond ,and 99.9% of their customers deal with the ATF ,so the IRS don`t scare them like they have me ! The IRS is minority run and explodes that vision the moment they answer the phone, you would get better results calling 911!
    Gentlemen...

.It is called "Free Enterprise". Apparently this man was authorized to buy from Zanders and had the money, or credit, to do so.. I am sure that he will follow any IRS or ATF guidelines that he has to.. My only thought is this... How much of a profit is he going to add to the cost of the ammo when he puts it out for sale.. I would guess that the Eley Match he bought will probably be re-sold at $14.70 or $15.00 a box.. And I will bet that as soon as he puts it on the market, at his price, that the shooters with the "deep pockets" will snap it up very quickly.. Remember the old saying, "ammo is the cheapest part of our game."

It is going to be interesting to see what happens.... The travesty continues...

Dave
    Last edited by Dave S; 03-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    "Tomorrow is promised to no one"
    NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by John M. Carper View Post
    Slick,
    Little bird called from the Lone Star State. I'd be shocked if anyone could have gotten that ammo and tested it yesterday. It was in that shipment.

Carp
    It was at Zanders last Wednesday,so it is very likely it could have been tested Friday! I am loaded on ammo and broke, I had to buy all those Carharts that TDX took home, ain`t dat sumtem! Then we had a 100mph hale storm yesterday that took all the power down, I`m still on the generator as I type this. Just another day on the Chicken Ranch!

Slick,
    Better the power than the chicken barn! Hope it doesn't get too cold down there.

Carp