+ Reply to Thread

Default Record target Lapua vs Eley

Congradulations to Cliff Keese for the record target. I noticed the 2 record targets were shot with Lapua ammo. I would like to pose a question to some of the top sporter shooters. Does the Lapua with the pointed bullet deflect more in wind than the Eley flat nose bullet or are they the same with wind deflection. I would love to see some opinions on this from sporter shooters.

Default The only thing I can see

Quote Originally Posted by 1holer View Post
    Congradulations to Cliff Keese for the record target. I noticed the 2 record targets were shot with Lapua ammo. I would like to pose a question to some of the top sporter shooters. Does the Lapua with the pointed bullet deflect more in wind than the Eley flat nose bullet or are they the same with wind deflection. I would love to see some opinions on this from sporter shooters.
    the flat nose does is make it more difficult to load the rifle sometimes

I shoot Lapua, and my best wins have all been in rather heavy breeze.

Either I just get down and concentrate more on those flags, or my X-Act ammo is working better in those conditions, I dunno, but I attribute part of my success in bad weather to that ammo.

Default flat nose

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    the flat nose does is make it more difficult to load the rifle sometimes
    I believe Pete the flat nose is for making a more perfect round hole like a wad cutter bullet. I am a Lapua shooter myself,I find them to be more accurate in my rifles. I just live with the smaller hole size due to a round nose. Larry

Default As a wise friend of mine often sez

Quote Originally Posted by larry207 View Post
    I believe Pete the flat nose is for making a more perfect round hole like a wad cutter bullet. I am a Lapua shooter myself,I find them to be more accurate in my rifles. I just live with the smaller hole size due to a round nose. Larry
    " If you want to win, learn how to shoot better, don't rely on gimmicks".

Default Bob Collins may know

Bob Collins would probably have a lot of experience on the pointed bullet versus the flat nose in the wind. I hope he shares what he knows on this. Thanks in advance if you care to share your experience Bob.