+ Reply to Thread

Default Turbo informations

Hello, I am a new member and I have a question. Here in Italy there are some good
    gunsmiths but very few for rimfire, and there are a lot of legal problems also for to change the barrel. Looking in the past numbers of the online magazine Target Shooter
    (www.targetshooter.co.uk) in the June 2099 issue I saw gun with Turbo action. That gun
    now is for sale also in Italy. In the article they said that gun is made with Turbo action
    but made by Kelbly, Lilja barrel and Kelbly stock. Do you know something about, as I
    did'nt find anything in the Kelbly site?
    Thanks,
    Sergio

Sergeo,
    Kelblys builds custom rifles also. I understand they build some rimfires and have built some good ones.

My guess is since they had a customer wanting a rimfire and they no longer manufacture a rimfire action they bought a turbo.

Also I will add, I believe Kelblys is also one of the places that has an import/export license.

Charlie

Hi Sergio,

Cicognani sells the Turbo/Kelbly rifles: http://www.varidecicognani.com/2009/

I bought one last year which has a Shilen ratchet barrel fitted and it shoots very well.

Brian

Edit: the February 2010 issue of Target Shooter shows a Turbo being built. I believe this gun is for sale by Fox Firearms. If you are interested give him a call, hes not good with emails.
    Last edited by Brian_K; 05-13-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Sergio,

The rifle you refer to is currently on sale in the UK at Fox Firearms www.foxfirearmsuk.com

The Turbo action was barrelled by Kelbly's and bedded in the Kelbly SPG stock by me. It also has a Kelby trigger.

It is unfired save for proof rounds.

Vince (UK)

Thanks.
    I own an Anschutz 1913 with factory s/s barrel but I am not very satisfied of the
    accuracy. At this point or I find a gunsmith who can change the barrel with a custom
    one or I am tinking about to buy a new gun and the turbo could be my choice.
    For VinceB:
    I think it is forbidden of to send arms or parts of arms outside the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SergioGe View Post
    I think it is forbidden of to send arms or parts of arms outside the UK.
    There is no problem to send firearms or parts within the EU. They must go from dealer to dealer, but the paperwork is minimal.

Brian

Thanks Bill.
    Sorry but did'nt explain well. The Turbo is for sale in Italy new and regularly
    imported - www.varidecicognani.com - and if interested I have the possibility of to
    test it. I am only curious about the making of this gun and if somebody know it, as
    probably a short test is insufficient for to judge a new gun.
    Sergio