Thread: Tunnel Test pricing

Default Tunnel Test pricing

For lapua Ammo At the Tunnel (Auto Bench Rest Association) can Beat anyone price ask for us at the tunnel
    Joe

2. Default

Joe,

Can you make this statement a little clearer?

Jeff

3. Default $$$$

Jeff....Here's the way I took that. When you test at Lapua and find a lot you want to buy you have to order it through a Lapua dealer, say Clint for example. Joe is saying if you order through him it will be the cheapest route.

I would have to be saving a ton of $$$ before I would throw my regular supplier under the bus. Lapua needs to take a hard look at their business if dealers like Clint Swigert start losing incentive to stock product and offer test lots. John Prince

Quote Originally Posted by VLNBYR View Post
    Jeff....Here's the way I took that. When you test at Lapua and find a lot you want to buy you have to order it through a Lapua dealer, say Clint for example. Joe is saying if you order through him it will be the cheapest route.

I would have to be saving a ton of $$$ before I would throw my regular supplier under the bus. Lapua needs to take a hard look at their business if dealers like Clint Swigert start losing incentive to stock product and offer test lots. John Prince
    Hi John, I donít believe that it really affects stocking dealers such as Clint. Probably less than 5% send there rifles to the tunnel and prefer to do there on testing. I fully agree if you have a preferred ammo dealer then one should support them. The important part is that our small community of 22lr benchrest shooters support folks like Joe, Clint and others within our sport.
    Les Williams

5. Default

Let's hope the next shipment of lapua is larger. By the time test lots arrived last time every bit of it was gone!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VLNBYR View Post

John,

I agree with you. We buy ammo from Paul at Killough and Clint at SFP. Both of these businesses are great about taking care of the customer and I would not change to save a few dollars.

Jeff Fountain

7. Default ????

Quote Originally Posted by hi2utoo View Post
    Hi John, I donít believe that it really affects stocking dealers such as Clint. Probably less than 5% send there rifles to the tunnel and prefer to do there on testing. I fully agree if you have a preferred ammo dealer then one should support them. The important part is that our small community of 22lr benchrest shooters support folks like Joe, Clint and others within our sport.

Well the way I see it Joe is the one not supporting the sport by stabbing other established dealers in the back by offering to undercut all their prices. There is also an implied collusion with Lapua and their test tunnel and pricing. If someone wants to be a Lapua dealer then stock ammo and publish your inventory and offer test lots. John

Default Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Teamfountain View Post
    Joe,

Can you make this statement a little clearer?

Jeff
    Sorry about what may been some confusion with my original post.

When someone has their rifle tested at the Lapua test tunnel they will need to order their ammo through one of the approved distributors. We at Auto Bench Rest Association is proud to be on the distributors list. By no means is the intention to be in conflict with the other dealers for we all provide a service that is tailored to help all in the benchrest community.

Our goal is to provide excellent service at very competitive prices and would love to get your business and help you save money on your ammo purchases. We fully understand the loyalty one may have to who they have been dealing with just as those who support us but want to let everyone know that weíre out here. Please give us a call anytime for we are here to support the bench rest community anyway we can.
    Joe Chacon
    830-7960815

Quote Originally Posted by drknite View Post
    Let's hope the next shipment of lapua is larger. By the time test lots arrived last time every bit of it was gone!
    Joey that has always been a issue when ammo has gotten tight. Depending on where you live, as in my case, by the time I would get the ammo and tested all the good stuff had been grabbed up. It is what it is. Now the word is there was some very good Eley in the last Shipment. It sure would be nice if both Eley and Lapua was providing competitive ammo.

Les
    Les Williams

10. Default

This is all hearsay but Lapua is supposedly building or partnering with a Zandersesque type place in MO except, from my understanding, it will not be a distributor only. In other words anybody can get the ammo for the same price as a dealer. If this is true that's where the majority of the Lapua will be and that's where the majority of the sales will be and most will be direct. Seems Lapua tosses it's dealers under the bus a little if this is correct. The only way to separate yourself in that case would be to have your own test tunnel and a ready supply of ammo.

11. Default

Can anyone positively confirm how the new Lapua facility in Sedalia Missouri is going to work? Can anyone show up there and buy directly from them? Do they have any kind " indoors or outdoor " test range there? I guess like everyone else I have heard so many variations I am hoping someone can give a definitive answer.

Default Testing in Mesa

I have an appointment a week from today, so we'll find out. I'm told the Test Center in Mesa, AZ has enough ammo of each lot available in MO. to test from. Upon finding an acceptable lot an order through the dealer of your choice will be placed with MO. and it will be shipped to you. Only my .02 worth.
    willy

13. Default

Nammo Tactical Ammunition

409 E 2nd St

Sedalia, MO 65301-3842

lapua.com

Phone: 660-826-3232
    It seems they are open for business to sell Lapua

Default Still have to go thru a Dealer !

Quote Originally Posted by iloco1 View Post
    Nammo Tactical Ammunition

409 E 2nd St

Sedalia, MO 65301-3842

lapua.com

Phone: 660-826-3232
    It seems they are open for business to sell Lapua

No direct sales to the Public , Lapua sold direct to Dealers only ! Clint Swigert, Cathy Winstead, Brunos , Joe Chacon etc ,can buy there in Sedalia !

15. Default

Thanks Mr Casey.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    No direct sales to the Public , Lapua sold direct to Dealers only ! Clint Swigert, Cathy Winstead, Brunos , Joe Chacon etc ,can buy there in Sedalia !
    My understanding there will be no distributor(s) only dealers like Clint. this new facility is owned by Lapua so all ammo coming into the US will go there with just enough test lots for the Tunnel in Mesa, AZ
    once that bunker at Mesa is empty all lots purchased after testing will come from the MO warehouse. no more take it with you, what a bummer!

I Would like to wish you guys a Happy Valentines Day
    Joe Chacon
    Last edited by joechacon; 6 Days Ago at 10:38 AM.