Thread: Piney Hill ir5050 State & Regional UL plus 10SHOT State next weekend

1. Default Piney Hill ir5050 State & Regional 3-GUN plus 10SHOT State next weekend

Piney Hill will be having the first big ir5050 indoor matches of 2018 the weekend of January 20-21.

Saturday will be Virginia State and Mid-Atlantic Regional 3-GUN (yards). Total of 6 targets on Saturday.
    The Title of this thread is incorrect. Saturday is 3Gun ... not UL.

Sunday will be the first 3target 10 SHOT match... so a World Record coming!!

The range will be open Friday for practice.
    Last edited by bh1710; 1 Week Ago at 06:49 PM.

2. Default

Unlimited or 3-gun? IR50/50 schedule says 3-gun, I think.

Default 50/50 schedule????

Bruce. 50/50 website says 1/20 1/21 is (3 GUN) NOT Unlimited as stated please clarify.
    Last edited by striperfisher; 1 Week Ago at 05:58 PM.

4. Default

Correction made

I want to publicly thank Bill Calfee. I was in the process of packing the car, made my hotel reservation and before leaving read some forums. Bill posted about how much he liked the new 10x game and pointed out the date for the first 3 card match, the one I was packing up for. It is NEXT weekend, not tomorrow.

Hopefully weather will be good enough NEXT weekend to drive over to Piney Hill. Oh and Ralph I have my annual dues in my pocket.

Thanks Bill! bob

I don't know Bob?
    Maybe you should go ahead and continue your trip and see if Wayne will sanction your practice session. Just think, you could hold the World record for at least a week and cement your place in history! LOL

Landy

Landy: Nice to hear from you. Happy New Year.

Coupla things. I have not paid my dues yet and if they have changed the lock (dues are due Jan 1) I'd have made a 7 hour round trip for nothing. If not then I guess I could shoot in the place with the dues still in my pocket and not feel bad about it.

Since the car is packed I think I'll sneak over to my chicken house today and do some testing anyway...still above freezing here although its gonna get real cold again by tomorrow. And that drive is only 3 hours round trip.

Not even Wayne will likely sanction a practice target.....and who is going to score it?

My place in history is already cast in stone. I'm more than happy to keep it there. Cannot change much at this point. bob
    Last edited by bob finger; 4 Days Ago at 07:48 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerP7M8 View Post
    I don't know Bob?
    Maybe you should go ahead and continue your trip and see if Wayne will sanction your practice session. Just think, you could hold the World record for at least a week and cement your place in history! LOL

Landy
    Too late for that! Some of us were there yesterday and now I'm the record holder! Was even sanctioned since we poured holy water on the target. Actually, it was just some rain that dripped in from a hole in the roof... But, never held a world record before (even if it is imaginary). Not sure what I'm supposed to do now. Publicity tour, speech at the UN, go to Disney? Might have to settle for biscuits and gravy at The Hawksbill Diner.

Hollywood might be able to get me a part in his next movie. "Cleaning rods at 50" sure seems like a "can't miss" idea. He seems to think so anyway....

Bob, they did change the combo. We found out the hard way. Gets cold standing outside a chicken house.

Kenny
    Last edited by kseatm; 6 Days Ago at 10:36 AM.

It seems everyone is an "aspiring" (Note the italics) comedian!

OK, inquiring minds need to know what your World record score is? LOL

Landy

10. Default

It was actually an impressive target. Kenny shot a 250 - 22X and when scored as a 10 shot target it was a 128...which means that he shares the "unofficial" 10 shot record. Not many realize it but when Kenny shoots for practice he uses a different lot number ammo for each line of a target. Mike

11. Default

Actually, I didn't shoot every shot on the target. Charlie shot one row.

Does that mean there's three people who have a hand in an unofficial world record? How many practice target records will there be this year? Can we start a thread?

Poor Don, he had to shoot his in an actual sanctioned match. Only to have people fretting their pretty heads over whether it was officially the world record.

We need more fretting!

Kenny

12. Default Tag Team World Record

Kenny,
    Congratulations on the first Tag Team World Record, you and Charlie did real good!

"I miss you man"

Glen H

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ghgswi View Post
    Kenny,
    Congratulations on the first Tag Team World Record, you and Charlie did real good!

"I miss you man"

Glen H
    If I was looking for a Tag Team partner, I'd choose Charlie. He's not big, he's not fast, but he's quick. Sort of like a ninja, but different.

Nothing like Mike and Don. Trying to get them to tap in during a match might find you wondering where they shuffled off to. Don would probably be explaining chambering to internet experts while Mike would be wandering around in his tuxedo looking for the porta potty. He brings class to everything he does...

Good seeing you at the barn Glen. Hope to see you at the Triple Crown.

And yes, I miss you too! My wife looked at me funny at that one!

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by bh1710 View Post
    Piney Hill will be having the first big ir5050 indoor matches of 2018 the weekend of January 20-21.

Saturday will be Virginia State and Mid-Atlantic Regional 3-GUN (yards). Total of 6 targets on Saturday.
    The Title of this thread is incorrect. Saturday is 3Gun ... not UL.

Sunday will be the first 3target 10 SHOT match... so a World Record coming!! The range will be open Friday for practice.
    Bruce,
    What time SUNDAY will the 10 Shot start. I will try to be there, not making the Saturday event however.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by George Atkins View Post
    Bruce,
    What time SUNDAY will the 10 Shot start. I will try to be there, not making the Saturday event however.
    I've had a few shooters ask about the Sunday 10SHOT match. We'll be starting at 9:00. Hope you can make it George!