Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARA posting

1. Default

Les,

That is not the way it will work, you only have 1 physical range. They will let the Club #1 and Club #2 for this year yet, but it will change for 2019 !!!

There will be no exceptions for anyone.

Each Club will only be able to have 2 Club Tournaments this year, next year or any year !!

You will not be able to have 4 Club Tournaments at any time !!

There will be only 1 match director per range, you can have a co match director but they will not receive a Hall Of Fame point.

So Hensler can run Wednesday night matches and Joe can run Saturday matches but it will be under 1 club and you can only have 2 Club tournaments.

So to summerize nothing will change with any club as far as how many tournaments a year they can have. But you may shoot as many matches in a day as you want, so you can shoot both club tournaments and a regular or State tournament all in the same day
    Last edited by Paul Tolvstad; 4 Days Ago at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tolvstad View Post
    Les,

That is not the way it will work, you only have 1 physical range. They will let the Club #1 and Club #2 for this year yet, but it will change for 2019 !!!

Each Club will only be able to have 2 Club Tournaments this year, next year or any year !!

There will be only 1 match director per range, you can have a co match director but they will not receive a Hall Of Fame point.

So Hensler can run Wednesday night matches and Joe can run Saturday matches but it will be under 1 club and you can only have 2 Club tournaments.

So to summerize nothing will change with any club as far as how many tournaments a year they can have. But you may shoot as many matches in a day as you want, so you can shoot both club tournaments and a regular or State tournament all in the same day
    OK got it. Sounds easy and simple enough.

Stay warm for the cold weather has finally gotten to us down here in the Texas Desert. Had to dig out the long johns and go over and borrow some wood from my neighbors shed for the fireplace.
    Les Williams

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tolvstad View Post
    Les,

Paul,

It all seems very clear until I reread it. Then I get confused.

Bear with me, please, and explain how this will work for 2018. We have clubs #1 and #2 at the same physical range but they shoot on different days and each has its own participating match director.

You said each club will be able to have 2 tournaments in 2018 but then say no club can have 4 tournaments. So either (A) for 2018 we can still have 2 separate "clubs" but they are essentially in name only and the physical range may only host 2 tournaments no matter when they are or which "club" the tournament is aligned with. Or (B) each of our 2 "clubs" can have 2 tournaments for a total of 4 tournaments hosted at the physical range since the range can have 2 clubs until 2019.

I hope I made sense with that cause I'm confused!!!

Tom

4. Default

Ok one more time

For 2018 only you can still have 2 clubs, #1 and #2, yes they will be in name only, you will only be allowed one tournament for each club if you choose to do it the old way, which makes no sense to do if you only have one physical club.

We are wanting to just have 1 club per range and that 1 club can have 2 tournaments per year, and if it's your turn to hold your state tournament you can have 3 tournaments in a year.

The only reason anyone ever had 2 clubs is so they could have 2 tournaments and shoot 2 matches in a day !!

By making it only one club you can still have the 2 tournaments and and you can shoot as many matches in a day you want.

If you run matches on different days and have 2 match directors one guy will be the main director who will receive a Hall of Fame point and the other will be the co director and will not receive a Hall Of fame point

As I said in my above post, NO club can have 4 tournaments ever !! Unless that club has and shoots on 2 different ranges
    Last edited by Paul Tolvstad; 3 Days Ago at 12:28 AM.

5. Default

Thanks, Paul. Very clear. Sorry to be a PITA.

Tom