Thread: Barrel tuner

1. Default Barrel tuner

Who makes a tuner with my barrel dimensions to maximize the harmonics. I know some sell them but you have to take it to a gunsmith to cut to length. I would like to purchase to the correct length. No gunsmiths in my area that would understand harmonics. Thank you for your consideration.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by twobe1 View Post
    Who makes a tuner with my barrel dimensions to maximize the harmonics. I know some sell them but you have to take it to a gunsmith to cut to length. I would like to purchase to the correct length. No gunsmiths in my area that would understand harmonics. Thank you for your consideration.
    You do not need to cut anything to lenght, simply bore it to barrel diameter.....call Harrels.

Quote Originally Posted by twobe1 View Post
    Give me a call. Pm me for contact info. Killough Shooting Sports stocks my tuners and can bore and cut them to specific lengths. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have relative to my tuners.--Mike Ezell

Good Evening

Another option is to look into the J&L PRX tuner. It is also sold at Killough's an will come to you all ready set to the 9th harmonic, all you need do is give him an accurate length from bread to muzzel and the diameter of the barrel.

You can also get a hold of Joe Chacon of J&L and get the tuner from him.

If you would like more info on harmonics and tuning, drop me a line at:

prx2500@outlook.com

Tony Purdy
    The Purdy Prescription (PRX)
    Does your rifle shoot "Purdy Good?"