Thread: TEXAS ARA TRIFECTA

Default TEXAS ARA TRIFECTA

Three tournaments- Boerne ARA, Texas State, & Boerne Shooting Club
    Boerne ARA 6 targets October 13 at 7:00 PM $40
    Texas State 6 targets October 14 at 10:00 AM $40
    Boerne Shooting Club 6 targets October 15 at 10:00 AM $40
    Register for all three for $100 (food & random cash prizes included)

1 Jerry Hensler Fri, Sat, Sun
    2 Hubert Kelsheimer Fri, Sat, Sun
    3 David Russell Fri, Sat, Sun
    4 Fred Jamison Fri, Sat, Sun
    5 Chris Hillert Fri, Sat, Sun
    6 Joe Chacon Fri, Sat, Sun
    7 Les Williams Fri, Sat, Sun
    8 Lisa Chacon Fri
    9 James Braddy Fri, Sat, Sun
    10 Allen Taylor Fri, Sat, Sun
    11 Gary Grove Fri, Sat, Sun
    12 Rene Melendez Fri, Sat, Sun
    13 Curtis Helton Sat
    14 Tracey Ayre Sat
    15 Evelio McDonald Fri, Sat, Sun
    16 Donald Hamblin Fri, Sat, Sun
    17 Richard Kelsheimer Fri, Sat,Sun
    Last edited by jerry h; 1 Week Ago at 11:11 AM.

Default Boerne benches

We are expanding and upgrading the benches. Going to 20 with cinder block legs instead of the steel frames.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jerry h; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:54 AM.

Jerry H.
    You need to post what the actual program is about, like how many cards per day etc. I have not seen any advertisement about this match except in the Boerne club program.
    Go to Rimfire Central and Benchrest Central, and list it.
    Evelio.

Default LED lighting !

Jerry ,as much as folks shoot at night at Boerne ,LED lights would improve your bench lighting a bunch ! That was one complaint I heard from one shooter that attende the Main Event @ St Louis was the Dim lights ! Bright White or Day Light LED`s are a vast Improvement !

I will look into the firing line lighting. It may be worse with brighter lights as the main range lighting attracts most of the insects instead of the ceiling lights. We have a match wed night and I will poll the shooters.

Default reset benches

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    Jerry ,as much as folks shoot at night at Boerne ,LED lights would improve your bench lighting a bunch ! That was one complaint I heard from one shooter that attende the Main Event @ St Louis was the Dim lights ! Bright White or Day Light LED`s are a vast Improvement !
    Our Wed night shooters would rather have the yellow bug bulbs than brighter light. The firing line will stay dim.

Default Berms raised

The berms have been raised considerably. You can see the old dark berm height.

Default TEXAS ARA TRIFECTA

Come one come all, Jerry and I want this to be the BIGGEST shoot TEXAS has ever had ,I well have the other two Benches up this next week
    A 20 bench line up !!!!
    Jerry is putting on the Friday night WEREWOLF match . Lisa and I will be your host for TEXAS STATE .
    We will also be the host for a CLUB TOURNAMENT a total of 18 targets for the weekend
    Ton of points to win and some nice plaques a long with some other doodads to give away
    don't miss out come and have a GREAT time at the oldest gun range in the United States
    we will do two relays , so get your butts down here and lets shoot them up
    If you have any question give me or Jerry a call
    Joe Chacon
    830-796-0815

Thumbs up

Well just one more week before the Big Texas ARA Trifecta Shoot. Getting the last 2 benches in place and everything else in order. The weather forecast is calling for some very nice mild weather and light winds, yes I know it's still a week out, but at least we're past the HOT Texas summer.
    Remember 3 tournaments and 17 shooters sign up at this point. Lots of points to be had!!!
    Also no problems with getting hotel rooms around Boerne.
    Les Williams

Just 3 more days until the kickoff of the Texas ARA Tournament Trifecta at the Boerne Shooting Club. The weather forecast is still looking good. Calling for some chance of rain Saturday morning, but with the extended back cover we installed last year not only is the line kept dry but the cleaning areas and picnic tables too. If you live in the greater San Antonio area and been wondering about getting into 22LR benchrest competition great opportunity to come out and visit with us and learn about the club and all the shooting activities we offer.
    Les Williams

I will have the range open Friday afternoon for those wishing to practice. We will have 1 relay only. You will draw benches when you arrive. The match will start at 7 PM as scheduled. Fresh backers will be in place by 6:30. Winds are predicted to be light 1-4 mph.

Saturday's wind should be around 8 mph but a front is due in Sunday which will likely make for challenging conditions.