Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Kinks

1. Default What a way to start...

Ben,

Growing up, AMC products (Pacer, Gremlin, Eagle, Rambler) were considered even lower than the cars us poor "holler honeys" drove. But then, we drove Pintos and Vegas. And yes, if anyone drove a Pinto or Vega, Doobies were sometimes involved... along with the requisite "In A Gadda Da Vida" blasting from the 8 track...

Not sure about the drag racing part. We just raced the late 60's Z's and such. But then, we raced on the bridge across the river. Had built in side rails!

My first post here. Just wanted to say George was correct. This action "The Kinks" will stay with me until I'm worm bait. Never had an action, nor a gun like this. Have been lucky to shoot some great guns owned by some great people in this sport. But this contraption is far and above my expectations. Nice to have a gun that is better than you are. Not too hard for me, but still...

Anyway, if do overs were allowed, I'd go with Pink Floyd.

One funny side story... when I ordered this, was surprised Jerry used Rock band names. Was given a list of available names, but when asked if they had Culture Club, there was a long pause. Wonder why...

Kenny
    Last edited by kseatm; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:21 PM.

Default Kinks has no kinks.

Kenny you are not wrong about your rifle shooting lights out. I was fortunate enough to get to shoot it at the Triple crown practice day and it has ruin me for life.
    Very Balanced, extremely smooth and basically hit everything I pointed it at. Cant ask for anything more in a rifle.
    Thats why I was so wrapped when I got to win the same action as yours and that is why I asked Brent if he would build me the stock as yours tracked beautifully.

Don't get me wrong here my Falcon that Brett built me with Kims Big Stick stock also tracks and shoots better than me but Jerrys action is so smooth.
    I can't wait to be able to shoot it one day but nothing happens fast getting stuff into Australia, I am still waiting for that Muller Rock creek barrel you sold me.
    Think that the red tape is off the hook but it is what it is.
    I can show you the timber that Brent is going to build the stock for me from though.

Great to have you on this forum mate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68668-3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	2666

3. Default

Hey Kenny....glad to see you found your way over here...

I was up at Piney Hill this morning, I got a call from Chris and he said he was going to be at the meeting there today, so I drove up and delivered his turbo that I installed a new barrel on. I shot it yesterday in the backyard and just picked a random setting on the tuner and it was drilling. He shot a few sighter shots and then a target for score and shot a 250 and never touched the tuner...I think it's going to be a shooter...

Hey Ben....hope everything is going well for you.... P.S.....Wow...what a piece of wood, that's going to be a Awesome looking stock....

Don
    Last edited by DonBlue; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:25 PM.

4. Default

That is a beautiful piece of wood. Should make a gorgeous stock. I didn't realize that it was so tough to get firearm parts into Australia. Good luck and keep me updated. Tell Mr Neal I said hello.
    Last edited by drknite; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:29 PM.

5. Default

Beautiful piece of wood Ben! Can't wait to see how it turns out for you. And yes, I agree on these actions! Am sure Jerry got tired of me telling him how much I appreciated his work. Took me two years to get the Falcon right, this thing was right when Don handed it to me. Not a bad way to have a gun built! Get about half yanked on beer, check out Dan's site for a brick of ammo, and end up with a brand new gun two weeks later! Ain't America great? The beer ain't bad either!

Hope to run into you again someday Ben. Was a pleasure meeting and getting to know you and Digs. Oh, mounted the tuner today. Want to give it a go sometime soon. But, getting two off to college is taking up my free time.

Don, wish I could have made it today. Will get with you soon.

Nice to be here. After meeting some of the people who post here, thought it would be neat to join. Only took a few months to figure out how to do it! Fast I ain't!

Kenny

Edit: Ben, about AMC...Funny story from my misspent youth. Living in North Chicago back then. Went out with some friends one night and was feeling pretty good. We decided to get tattoos, but were so out of it that for some reason we thought the best place to get a tattoo was in Kenosha Wisconsin. Why we picked that place is beyond me. So, hopped the train and off we went. Met some navy guys on the train who asked if we were going to Kenosha for the beer. According to them, the town was in the Guinness book of records for having the most bars per population. Hearing this, our plans changed. We were a decisive lot! New plan of action... decided to drink a beer in each bar in the city.

Woke up the next morning on a park bench facing a large body of water next to a large plant with AMC on the side. We couldn't figure out where we were at but after meeting an old Italian lady who fed us breakfast we realized the water was Lake Michigan and the plant was the AMC plant. Never did end up with a tattoo...or a gremlin...
    Last edited by kseatm; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:31 PM.

Default Exciting isn't it, like a kid at Christmas

Great yarn Kenny, I am still kicking myself about the Mississippi river story you fed me.
    Don and Mr Joey thanks fellas couldn't think of a better bloke to make up that stock for me than Brent either
    Jerry has got one of just about everything now as well to build the rifle for me as well and I am feeling pretty honoured about that as well.
    My rifle won't be a four week project as everyone is busy, but its all in great hands
    I have a good shooting gun at the moment so it will happen.

I don't know why it all takes as long as it does to get stuff into Australia but I suppose security is a good thing with all thats happening in this crazy world.
    There is so much red tape, I think is the problem but it is certainly all worth waiting for thats for sure.
    One last thing I spent many hours also listening to Pink Floyd Wish you were here and Dark side of the moon as young bloke.
    Actually still listen to them but the Eagles were probably my all time favourites
    Had the privilege to see them in concert in Brisbane a couple of years ago, was surreal seeing them right in front of me singing their songs.
    Each one took me back to when I was a teenager and the good memories.
    Last edited by The Jet; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:33 PM.

Default Good that you made it hear !

Quote Originally Posted by kseatm View Post
    Nice to be here. After meeting some of the people who post here, thought it would be neat to join. Only took a few months to figure out how to do it! Fast I ain't! .
    Kenny , Diggs was planning a trip to Rocky River at ARA Nationals/PSL weekend , Maybe Benny and The Jets can hook up with Diggs a Come too! Don Blue knows the Way ,too ! Those Drag Racers from Virgina , Don Kowalsky & Bill Dooley are frequent Visitors to Rocky River as is George Atkins so since you are over here now you should do "The Full Monty"! Kenny,we are looking forward to seeing you again , and maybe Ben & Diggs in Aquadale ,NC !

Default Slick

Was only talking to some other blokes over here last week about maybe us all coming back next year for the Triple crown again
    Will take me a while to save up again to be able to come but I will be back. I will talk to Digs and we will make a plan.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK WILLY View Post
    Kenny , Diggs was planning a trip to Rocky River at ARA Nationals/PSL weekend , Maybe Benny and The Jets can hook up with Diggs a Come too! Don Blue knows the Way ,too ! Those Drag Racers from Virgina , Don Kowalsky & Bill Dooley are frequent Visitors to Rocky River as is George Atkins so since you are over here now you should do "The Full Monty"! Kenny,we are looking forward to seeing you again , and maybe Ben & Diggs in Aquadale ,NC !
    Hey Bill! Have talked to Don and George about coming down there several times. Until this year it was just tough for me to plan anything though. Will look at the schedules and see if I can fit it in. Having to work every other weekend makes it hard sometimes. But want to get down there one day. Might be able to swing it this year. Renee F told me you guys even have indoor bathrooms? That will be a neat experience!

Diggs told me he might be back sometime soon, so if he can paddle all the way from that little island, figure I can ride my mule a few hours too. Maybe he can stick Bennie in his luggage and drag him along! Would love to meet up with both once more. Just good guys!

Anyway, thanks for everything and enjoyed talking to you at Bristol. Hopefully will see you again down there this winter.

Oh, keep an eye on George. Anyone with a knee like his makes you keep your back to the wall...

Kenny
    Last edited by kseatm; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:58 AM.

10. Default

Hey Kenny....I got the new barrel on Mikes turbo today....I shot it in the backyard this evening, it's definitely looking like it's going to be a shooter. Didn't take long at all to dial it in, I put one of the new carbon tubes on it and it is shooting good...

5 shots at 50 yards

11. Default

Don,

OnTarget says that group is about 0.061".
    Pretty fine shooting.

Bill
    Bill Powell

12. Default

Thanks Bill.....I know that groups don't mean much, but I start off shooting groups when testing a new barrel to see if it will group or not. If a new barrel will not shoot tight groups then there is something wrong. This barrel is definitely a good one, it not only shoots tight groups but it also shoots consistent from bullseye to bullseye.

13. Default

Looking good. Mike might have to break out one of the Cubans and celebrate!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drknite View Post
    Looking good. Mike might have to break out one of the Cubans and celebrate!
    Joey, Don called me in Canada last evening....I've already broken out the Cuban. I'm looking forward to shooting it in a couple of weeks....I know Don's excited about how it turned out. If it's as good as the 40X he did for me then I'm set.

Default Mike

Keep those flying cleaning rods away from it ok
    Hope you have great success with it mate